Regulations of online payments in the SUM Library
using electronic banking via Przelewy24
- Only chargers regarding collection loans in the SUM Library may be paid by use of electronic payments.
- Charges which are to be paid by internet banking together with the amounts due are visible after logging in to the user's account in the Primo library system.
- Electronic payment is an alternative form in relation to hitherto functioning.
- The service allows transferring fees via the channels offered by Przelewy24.
- All users who have a library account in the SUM Library are authorized to use the service.
- Access to the service is only possible after logging in to the reader's account in the Primo library system.
- Authorized users are directed from system Primo to Przelewy24 website, where the payment is made.
- The user receives e-mail confirmation of the transfer after completing the payment-related activities.
- The payment is settled at the moment of posting the transfer by Przelewy24 website.
- After paying the fee, due date of overdue books is set on the day of posting the transfer. Such loan should either be renew by logging into a library account or books should be returned to the library from which they were borrowed.
- Any complaints related to the operation of electronic payment service are made on the form and submitted:
- in Main Library Circulation Department or
- in one of the Branch Library or
- Complaint must be made in 14 days from the date on which the service was performed or was to be performed.
- Complaints are considered within 14 days following date of its receipt. If the complaint is unresolved to this time, user will be informed by email about the reasons for the delay and the expected date of resolving the complaint.
- Complaints related Przelewy24 website may also be made directly by Przelewy24 form to which the user receives a link in the confirmation e-mail.
- The library is not responsible for technical problems on Przelewy24 website.